Status: Full Time, Salary
Wellbeats pioneered the virtual group fitness category and is a leading provider of technology enabled wellness programming for facilities of all kinds. We are passionate advocates for health and wellness and get excited about enabling our B2B customers to better serve the needs of their diverse client base. Our top customers include the leading Fitness brands (Anytime Fitness, In Shape, Retro Fitness, etc), forward thinking corporations (Intel, LinkedIn, Google, Zappos, etc.), and the United States Military. A two time recipient of the Inc. 500 award (America’s fastest growing private companies) Wellbeats is a fast growing, high energy, and exciting place to work. Health and Wellness is a great lifestyle industry and at Wellbeats we have the privilege to live the lifestyle and enable others to do the same. Our company values are important to us. We are looking for team players that exhibit the following core values:
Our company values are important to us. We are looking for team players that exhibit the following core values:
- Passion- Operate with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment
- Authenticity- Deliver genuine experiences that foster meaningful connections
- Integrity- Commit and execute with honesty, credibility and reliability
- Innovation- Continue to lead health and fitness industry in ways to engage more people
- Collaboration- Work together as a TEAM to meet our clients’ and business’ objectives
Wellbeats is seeking a Digital Product Designer to join our growing Product Team and assist us in building the next generation of our Health and Wellness streaming service. We’re looking for a “full stack” designer — someone skilled in UX/interaction design as well as nuanced visual design. Ideal candidates also have exposure or experience with user testing and design research.
You’ll work closely alongside the UX Director, Product Owner, and Engineering Team to help evolve the existing Wellbeats experience, and pioneer the next generation of streaming health and wellness. You’ll get to design for multiple platforms, including responsive web, native mobile apps, kiosks, as well as our Wellbeats TV app. You’ll co-create design artifacts to support the entire product development lifecycle. You’ll help build out our practice of human centered design inside of Wellbeats and help set the experience design standards that will inform our apps for years to come.
Deliverables include the usual:
- Exploratory concept sketches
- Interaction flows
- Information architecture/taxonomy
- High level wireframes
- Detailed visual design
- Invision prototypes
- Interaction notes and other spec documentation
- Competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Design System / Pattern Library curation
Candidates will be evaluated on the strength of their portfolio, while also meeting the following baseline criteria:
- Enthusiasm, patience, adaptability, and empathy.
- At least 3 years of professional experience designing digital products, apps, websites, etc..
- Experience designing for multiple form factors, including responsive web and native mobile.
- Formal training in graphic design, HCI, human factors or similar is expected. Bachelor’s degree or greater preferred, but boot camp or other education programs will also be considered alongside a strong portfolio.
- Experience working within Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- A demonstrated ability to design compelling experiences that also meet business requirements
- A demonstrated ability to articulate and demonstrate end user advocacy and/or human centered design principles
- Experience consuming and expanding design systems and UX pattern libraries
- Experience delivering design artifacts to development teams
- Ability to effectively switch focus between tasks and projects when needed without losing track of the bigger picture.
- A digital portfolio is required for submission and should contain examples of the experience and design artifacts described above. Either a portfolio website or .PDF is acceptable.
- User research / testing experience strongly preferred
- Experience working directly with developers in an Agile environment strongly preferred
- Experience with Human Centered Design or Design Thinking methodologies is strongly preferred
- Experience designing for AppleTV or smart TV platforms is a plus, but not required.
- Front-end development knowledge or experience is a plus, but not required
- Fitness and Wellness or adjacent industry experience is a plus, but not required
- Digital agency / consultancy experience is a plus, but not required
Who is a strong candidate for this role?
The ideal Digital Product Designer candidate is deeply curious and passionate about creating great experiences in a multi-screen world. They are highly collaborative and pay close attention to the details. They are adept at exploring multiple ways to solve an interaction or communication problem, not just their one “right” way. They are reliable, manage their time well, and demonstrate consistent focus in their work. They know when to ask for help and when to reset expectations.
An ideal candidate will show initiative, keeping themselves focused on top priority tasks while also being able to switch focus when needed. They will collaborate actively in design sessions, meetings, and discussions. They are able to articulate and defend their design POV while also having the judgement and humility to know when a better idea is on the table, or when real world constraints require compromise. They are purposefully collaborative and recognize that the design work we do is just one part of a larger team effort committed to delivering a best-in-class home fitness and wellness experience for our members.
We are passionate advocates for Health and Wellness and we get excited about enabling our B2B customers to better serve the needs of their members, employees, and residents. We accomplish this by creating original Health and Wellness content for our members and then delivering those classes, recipes, and movements through our proprietary streaming service. Members can stream our content from our website, our mobile app for iOS and Android, and smart TV systems like AppleTV.
Our top customers include leading Fitness facility brands such as Anytime Fitness, In Shape, and Retro Fitness as well as forward-thinking companies like Google, LinkedIn, Zappos, FLIR, Health Partners, and others. Our service has even been used by active-duty United States Military personnel keeping fit across the globe.
Yet Health and Wellness is more than an industry. It is a lifestyle that we at Wellbeats have the privilege of living for ourselves and enabling others to do the same. We know that the work we do has a positive impact on our members’ lives, and that keeps us coming back every day to deliver.
Wellbeats is a fast growing, high energy, exciting place to work. We are a two-time recipient of the Inc. 500 Award for America’s fastest growing private companies. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, demand for our service has grown even more as people look for easier ways to stay fit and healthy from home.
As we build out or team, we are looking for a Digital Product Designer who can deliver on our core values:
- Passion: Operate with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment
- Authenticity: Deliver genuine experiences that foster meaningful connections
- Integrity: Commit and execute with honesty, credibility and reliability
- Innovation: Continue to lead health and fitness industry in ways to engage more people
- Collaboration: Work together as a TEAM to meet our clients’ and business’ objectives
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay with bonus plans. We also offer a flexible paid time off plan including fifteen days of PTO during the first full year of employment and increasing one day per year up to 25 days, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision benefits, and many other employee perks and benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.