Wellbeats is seeking a Product Owner who will play a central role in driving planning and execution for our consumer facing software applications. The product spans across multiple platforms, including a responsive web application, iOS/Android mobile applications, Apple TV Smart App, and a legacy UWP application that serves a growing number of customers across the world. The Product Team is made up of a Product Manager, Product Owners, UX Designers, a Product Analyst, Scrum Master, and Software Engineers. The Product Team works in tandem with the Content Team which handles content strategy, creation, production, and analysis. As part of an agile team, the successful candidate will be responsible for understanding the Product Mission, Vision, Goals/KPIs, Business Requirements, and the roadmap.
This individual is also responsible for defining key requirements, understanding and articulating consumer and customer needs and managing execution. The Product Owner will have the opportunity to work with both external clients and internal cross-functional teams to better articulate needs, growth opportunities, and to help solve business challenges.
The ideal candidate is a confident, passionate, and creative person with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, the tenacity to facilitate complex discussions, and the ability to balance and satisfy (or negotiate) multiple stakeholder interests. We value our team member’s thoughts, ideas, and contributions and welcome suggestions on how we can become stronger in our product practice. Diversity and new perspectives are important building blocks of a strong team dynamic; we look forward to bringing yours on board.
Salary range: Starting at $81,000 based on experience
Some specific activities include:
- Facilitates and leads briefings, requirements discovery and alignment sessions with stakeholders in and outside the organization and at various organizational levels
- Collaborates with the Product Team (product manager, product owners, analysts, engineers, and UX resources) to articulate product needs into requirements, and understands the roadmap prioritization to ensure alignment on overall product direction
- Collaborates with the Scrum Master and technical SMEs to identify, mitigate and resolve risks and issues
- Works with Scrum Master to track progress against outcomes and deliverables
- Ensures quality of all program and project outcomes, deliverables and products through writing User Stories, Requirements, Use Cases, Acceptance Criteria Writing & UAT
- Provide day-to-day project leadership and decision making on multiple projects, especially pertaining to iteration scope, sprint schedules, and development options/tradeoffs
- Collaborates with Scrum Master to receive reports and updates on the project schedule and resource management plan, communicates details to the Product Manager and internal stakeholder teams
- Clearly communicates priorities and scheduling considerations with the Scrum Master, Engineering Team, and internal stakeholder
Requirements and Skills needed:
- 2-5 years of industry experience (or equivalent) in analysis and documentation of Business Systems -and the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Confident speaker and presenter when representing the product
- Ability to remain objective and results driven when priorities or conditions shift or change
- Experience leading initiatives within matrixed organizations
- Self-driven and self-directed interest in identifying areas for improvement, articulating needs, and proposing solutions
- Strong negotiations and collaboration skills with Development teams and Business partners
- Embraces change and new thinking
- Experience facilitating sprint prioritization sessions and planning sessions
- Experience with quality assurance best practices and/or process automation and can implement internal processes to improve outcomes
- Experience with the Scrum process and related ceremonies
- Familiarity of human centered design/design thinking and working with user experience design teams
- Strong critical thinker with the ability to effectively work through challenging or vague stakeholder requests or requirements
- Strong ability to align work back to Product Mission, Vision, and Goals
We are passionate advocates for Health and Wellness, and we get excited about enabling our B2B customers to better serve the needs of their members, employees, and residents. We accomplish this by creating original Health and Wellness content for our members and then delivering those classes, recipes, and movements through our proprietary streaming service. Members can stream our content from our website, our mobile app for iOS and Android, and smart TV systems like Apple TV.
Yet Health and Wellness is more than an industry. It is a lifestyle that we at Wellbeats have the privilege of living for ourselves and enabling others to do the same. We know that the work we do has a positive impact on our members’ lives, and that keeps us coming back every day to deliver.
Wellbeats is a fast growing, high energy, exciting place to work. We are a two-time recipient of the Inc. 500 Award for America’s fastest growing private companies. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, demand for our service has grown even more as people look for easier ways to stay fit and healthy from home.
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product team.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay with bonus plans. We also offer a flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, 401K match, medical, dental, vision benefits, and many other employee perks and benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, diverse, and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.