Effective May 2017, Version 1.3
International Privacy and Consent
By submitting your personal information to us, you are consenting to the processing of your personal information in the United States.
WELLBEATS is located in the United States and all data related to the System (as defined below) is collected and processed by WELLBEATS in the United States. If you are not located in the United States, your personal data will therefore be transferred to, processed, and stored in a country (the United States) outside of the country where you live.
If you are not located in the United States, your local privacy laws may give you certain rights to access information held about you and you may have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by emailing us at email@example.com.
What Information is collected?
WELLBEATS will collect certain information from you on our Site, Kiosk, Applications, or through any other digital or personal communication with you to provide customized content and services. Information collected by us is voluntarily provided by you and may include information such as, but not limited to, your first name, last name, email address, user name and password (to set up a registered account), age, sex, height, weight, fitness level, fitness goals, and through the continued use of the System, WELLBEATS will collect information on your use of content services, your preferences and activities and will log any additional information you input.
We may collect information from you such as your workout facility, password, web portal access information, mobile phone number, mobile phone carrier, customer ID (if applicable from your workout facility), or other personal information including, without limitation, age, gender, and information related to your personal health, such as exercise habits or other personal preferences.
We may also collect general information about your technology interface or preferences (such as the type of browser used or the files requested) to improve the Site or Applications and better meet your needs.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Your contact information to set up a WELLBEATS account, such as your first name, last name and email address;
- Your transaction history relating to use of our products and services;
- Your System username and password used to establish your WELLBEATS profile;
- Certain health-related information you choose to share with us to improve your use of the WELLBEATS features, such as your exercise habits, age, and gender;
- Information you voluntarily provide while “Requesting More Information” through our Site;
- Information you voluntarily provide through our Customer Service Form;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Your IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide more personalized vehicle information.
How is User Information Used and Shared?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with personalized WELLBEATS services and products and also collect information that is necessary for our Site, Kiosks or Applications to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Allowing you to create and maintain your user account and profile;
- Providing information regarding your exercise preferences;
- Tracking information about your visits to our Site, Kiosks or use of Applications to allow us to personalize your WELLBEATS experience;
- Using demographic and certain exercise preferences in the aggregate across all WELLBEATS users to evaluate our services and develop additional products and services to offer through our WELLBEATS system;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering;
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on our Site, Kiosks or through an Application that you have initiated;
- Providing information about your usage or preferences to the facility hosting the Kiosk;
- Providing you with information regarding your exercise goals or results.
Other than as described in this Policy and our Terms, we will never share your health-related data, such as exercise preferences, weight, height, age or gender with third parties other than anonymously in an aggregated format. Other than as described in this Policy, we will not sell, share, license, trade or rent your personal information to third parties.
We may provide user information to third party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs, data tracking, maintenance or development of our System, development of online products and services or customer service or new product development, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users. We may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. If you are accessing our System through a third party that contracts with us to provide services to you, we may also share your information with that third party. Finally, we may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
How is User Information Protected?
WELLBEATS maintains administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System. We utilize a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology that protects all the information using both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that your data is safe, secure, and available only to you. We do not retain your financial account information for purchases in our System, but instead use unique “token” information to process your payment requests.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique System username and password and other account information, and for controlling access to your email communication from WELLBEATS. You must log off of sessions at our Kiosk sites to ensure protection of your user account.
Children Under the Age of 13
The System is not designed for children, and WELLBEATS does not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 13.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of WELLBEATS, or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which WELLBEATS transfers or sells the System or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While we work hard to ensure we use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists that are used to inform users of new or relevant products, services and special offers that may benefit them by clicking on the link in any communication received from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may limit, change or delete information in your user profile or refuse to provide personal information to us at any time by logging into your account and changing your user preferences. This refusal may limit our ability to provide you with the highest quality service possible and may limit your ability to use the WELLBEATS system.
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” from your Site usage through your browser settings. This may limit our ability to offer certain products or features to you.
If you become a registered user of our System, there are certain communications, such as account information and user agreement updates, that you may not be able to “opt out” of. To no longer receive these communications, you must cancel your WELLBEATS account.